Happy Birthday Micheál

Happy birthday dear Michael. I wish you all the best and love for your new year. Stay healthy and the way you are.

Yesterday, when I was looking for a little story to write on the occasion of Micheál's birthday, as the 136th episode of my own Liam Neeson series "One Photo, One Story", I came across an appearance by the two on the Graham Norton Show 2021. It was the second year of the Corona pandemic and Liam and Micheál were joining the show via video chat. Here comes your little discussion on how to pronounce Micheál's name correctly: 
In March 2021, Micheál and Liam visited the Graham Norton Show, and discussed the pronunciation of Micheál's name. Liam explained that he promounces the name differently than his son:
"I use the pronunciation of my son's name as 'my-kall', explained Liam to Graham Norton. While Micheál has decribed the pronunciation of his first name sounds like, ""It's 'me' as in myself and then 'hall' as in hallway. So It's 'Me-hall'. "


In an interview about their joint film "Cold Pursuit", Liam said about working with Micheál, " The movie gave us both a unique opportunity to spend some quality time together. We didn't have to pretend to have a relationship, do you know what I mean? For some other strange actors to pretend he is my son. Micheál is my son and he has got some of my body language and I have some of his, so I think that comes across. It was a no-brainer with regard to acting with him. Micheál was born during the filming of "Micheal Collins", in Holles Street Hospital, in Dublin."

 A few years ago, Micheál gave a very honest and open interview to a German magazine in which he talked about his alcohol and drug addiction: 
He told," Her death was disturbing for me and made me fall into alcohol and drug addiction years later. I had barely grown out of childhood and suppessed my feelings by partying excessively ", Micheál told and continued, "I had already hit rock bottom in 2014. I wouldn't have been able to get out of it without the help of my dad and my brother Daniel, as well as a stay in a rehab clinic. It finally helped me to conquer my inner demons. I took my mother's surname in 2018. Because I want to keep my mom close to me."
❤️🇮🇪🍀💚🤍🧡Maidin mhaith a stór Liam, guím lá iontach síochánta oraibh agus tá súil agam go mbeidh cupán tae ag an mbeirt againn le chéile go luath. 
Tabhair aire mhaith duit féin agus fan sláintiúil. 
❤️🇮🇪🍀💚🤍🧡

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

How I Became a Liam Neeson Fan!

Natasha about her mother

Memory