Liam and the bartender

Today I found a nice story about Liam and a bartender who Liam met in the early 1990s when he decided to settle down in New York.  
I had a little cottage down on Wooster Street in SoHo in the early 1990s, Liam told a New York newspaper last year. In the interview, Liam went on to talk about a barman he knew from the time he lived in SoHo:" I was always out and about, and one afternoon I went to this bar as usual . I sat down in my seat, and there was this other Gentleman maybe two seats down, with white hair and a white beard. Bukofzer ( the bartender) suggested that we should sit down together. We talked for a very long time and then the man left the bar. Norman ( Bukofzer) said to me  ,' Liam I didn't know you were a!' I looked at Norman and asked him, ' What? A deadhead? What are you talking about, Norman? ' and he answered me, ' The Gentleman you were just talking to was Jerry Garcia. We became out-of-bar-friends. Norman came to my wedding, he was at my sons' baptisms and met my mother. He was a dear friend of mine and just a damn great guy. "
After a short Pause, Liam said, " Unfortunately, we lost contact and we didn't have any more of our interesting conversations . When I found out that Norman had died, I was very sad and ashamed. Because I was annoyed about the many times,  I walked past his bar but never went in."
Norman Bukofzer died in early 2023 at the age of 78. Norman Bukofzer was a very famous bartender in New York and also the oldest in his profession. He knew a lot of celebrities, including Liam, Bono and Bette Davies along, and played a small supporting role in a film.   After Liam heard of his friend's death, he organized a memorial service in the bar where Norman prepared his drinks. Many celebrities accepted the invitation, not only because of the cocktails that Bukofzer mixed for them, but also because of his discretion and the way he treated his guests. One of the guests said 'Bukofzer didn't just mix cocktails, he also brought people together.
Unfortunately, Liam was unable to actively participate in the memorial service. He was in bed with the flu during the celebration . But he participated via telephone. He said to the other guests, " I must apologize, but I have the flu and even though I have taken all the vitamin D in the world, I unfortunately cannot be with you today. I am very sad that I cannot attend the memorial service. "
❤️🇮🇪🍀💚🤍🧡
A Liam, a stór, guím lá iontach síochánta oraibh agus tá súil agam go mbeidh cupán tae ag an mbeirt againn le chéile go luath.  
Tabhair aire mhaith duit féin agus fan sláintiúil.  
Dála an scéil, is scéal an-deas é seo a d’inis tú féin agus Norman Bukofzer. Fiú má tá teagmháil caillte agat beirt ar an drochuair.  
❤️🇮🇪🍀💚🤍🧡
The photo shows a drawing by João Frazenda , from 2023 , and it shows Liam and Norman Bukofzer  

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

How I Became a Liam Neeson Fan!

Natasha about her mother

Memory